Admission at AKMIS is a carefully thought-through process.
We do not cater to any specific section of society or class. Therefore, we give equal importance to both genders. Admissions are granted on the basis of the school’s admission criteria and the final decision of admission rests solely with the school management.
Students are expected to be proficient in the English language to handle the rigor of the courses offered at AKMIS. Since the basic skills in English are needed for Primary year students(Grade 1 to 5), the ESL department will assess the student’s level to determine the extent of English language support that the student may require to follow the curriculum.
- An admission application form is available online and at the Admission Office.
- A completed online/hard copy of the application form is to be submitted to the Admission Office.
- At the time of submission of the completed application, a non-refundable fee of BDT 500 is applicable.
Documents Required :
- Four(4) recent passport size photographs of father, mother, student, and local guardian(if any).
- Photocopy of the Birth Certificate or Passport Copy.
- Transfer Certificate(Original)
- Photocopy of previous classes report cards
- Photocopy of student’s legal custody paper(applicable for divorced/separated parents only)
- There is no admission test for Playgroup and Nursery.
- The child is assessed:
-to evaluate the student’s academic skill level required for the respective program.
-to evaluate the student’s likelihood of successful integration both socially
and behaviorally in the program
- Students are required to sit for an admission test in two subjects: English and Mathematics.
Notes: Financial Aid/ Scholarships are available for meritorious students.
Step-3: Admission Discussion
Candidates will be finally interviewed by the H.O.S/ Academic head for the final decision.
Additional documents required for Expatriate students:
- Valid student Visa
- Copy of the passport
iii. Copy of the residential permit
Additional Documents to be produced by the NRB students:
- Copy of the passport
Additional documents required for students with Special Needs:
- Copy of the Special Need Assessment Certificate or any academic or psychological assessment from a recognized Assessment Council.
- A report from the Special Needs counselor in the previous School.
iii. For International Students: Above mentioned documents and a copy of the Valid Passport n Visa
Review of Policy
This policy must be seen as a school admission policy and will be reviewed after every three years and will be informed to all office heads in the school. If it is needed, the policy can be reviewed at any time based on governmental policy or otherwise.