Carpentry is an activity that gives children the opportunity to build things. At the same time it helps to develop and practice a wide range of skills.
Carpentry can help children to:
- Gain increasing control over their bodies, hand–eye coordination, manipulative skills and muscular strength
- Learn to solve problems
- Understand length, size, balance and force
- Learn to observe, predict and experiment
- Express their creativity in a 3-dimensional way
- Learn to share and cooperate with others.