Abdul Kadir Molla International School is a Candidate PYP International Baccalaureate World School, presently serving reception – fifth grade and Thereafter we would be adding one or two classes a year .We admit all students irrespective of their race, sex, gender, or uniqueness in an inclusive environment, which is reflective in our inclusion policy. Our Inclusion Policy is planned to cater the needs of students with exceptionalities within the IB Mission for All students to be internationally minded and successful lifelong learners.
We believe that all learners have unique needs to consider when facilitating them to meet/exceed their academic and nonacademic prospective. To provide access to the IB PYP at Abdul Kadir Molla International School, we apply approaches and support systems that address the individual needs and varied learning styles of students, including those recognized with special needs (special education, gifted and talented and Bangla/other language Learners). By knowing the diversity of our collective learning community, we support the progress of internationally minded people.
Learning gap refers to the relative performance of individual students—i.e., the disparity between what a student has actually learned and what he or she was expected to learn at a particular age or grade level.
● To this end, we seek to offer a differentiated teaching and learning setting.
● We cater the different learning styles and needs. Homeroom Facilitator and specialists spend time to determine the different learning styles of their students and then adjust their curriculum to address these styles. The primary three learning styles i.e. auditory, visual and kinesthetic are taken into consideration while planning of all the learning engagements.
● One of our facilitator takes complete charge of it. He /she makes sure to follow the steps below
Prepares customized lesson plan to cater the diverse and unique needs of learner.
❏ Provide appropriate support
❏ Consistent and continuous monitoring
❏ Identification of future learning objective
❏ Support plan to help learner in long/short terms goals
● We also acknowledge that in order to fulfill the requirements of an IEP, a student may require individualized instruction to reach their academic goals.
● The six transdisciplinary themes provide learning opportunities for each student at their level of understanding.
A learning disability is a neural disorder. In simple terms, a learning disability results from a change in the manner a person’s brain is “wired.” Children with learning disabilities are as smart as or smarter than their peers. But they may have difficulty reading, writing, spelling, and reasoning, recalling and/or organizing information if left to figure things out by themselves or if taught in conventional ways.
Dyslexia – a language-based disability in which a person has trouble understanding written words. It may also be referred to as reading disability or reading disorder.
We accept all the admission as long as the learning disabilities is manageable and controllable. We also approach and involve special education teacher and counselor ,if need to do so-in case of mild learning disabilities.
As our organization will grow and we will have students with diverse learning needs, so we will hire a trained special education teachers to participate in the collaborative planning process at each grade level.
Excerpt from Special Education for Today’s Teachers: An Introduction, by M.S. Rosenberg, D.L. Westling, J. McLeskey, 2008 edition, p. 91-94.